What the photo industry has evolved into is pathetic and sickening. It seems to be a bunch of unoriginal copycats setting the bar to those doing the hiring that results in at least one of the following: Long hours and no-low pay, Everyone expecting a lot from trade, photographers giving away photos without watermarks. This is NOT okay.
As a photographer, you SHOULD NOT:
- Give away photos without your logos (Give away means for free or less than $200/hour)
- Be willing to work long hours for free
- Be willing to work long hours for less than $50/hour
- Depends on experience
- Shoot on auto
- Not edit your photos originally
- Copying makes you a piece of shit
As a person hiring, you SHOULD NOT:
- Expect photos without a watermark unless you’re paying very well
- Expect 5 hours of work for less than $200/hour
- NEVER tell a legitimate photographer with a legitimate backing you don’t need them.
- This makes you a douche.
- Since when are good photos a bad thing?
- There’s never too much coverage of your event when it’s legitimate.
- Expect anything without paying for it
Be fucking grateful a company wants to cover your event if they reached out to you.
Bottom line, if you can’t do it, and are going to get quality images in one way or another, shut the fuck up and let the photographers do what they do best.